We are committed to protecting your privacy online. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and this policy explains how we collect information about you, what we do with it and what controls you have.
- Who we are
The website is owned by Shubana. The data controller is responsible for and controls the processing of your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA144975.
- When and what personal data we may collect about you
- If you create an account with us.
- If you sign up to Sujet de Vert's newsletter (consent).
- If you place an order by phone and are sent a Paypal invoice. We will collect your Paypal account email address.
- If you interact with us on social media.
- If you contact us with a query or complaint.
- If you complete a survey for us.
- If you leave a comment or review on our products.
- If you complete any forms, such as a query.
- We do not store credit/debit card numbers. Our payments are processed via Paypal.
- We use your personal data to manage your user registration on Sujet de Vert website. This is your identification as a user of Sujet de Vert website and allows you access to features such as order placements and shopping lists. Features available to registered users
- If your correct or sufficient personal data is not collected during the order process, we will be unable to provide you with the products.
- Email address for newsletter subscriptions.
- Information We Collect
We may collect access information about you such as:
- The type of internet browser you use;
- The website from which you have come to our website;
- Your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server.
- Such information helps us to assess and build a profile of our users. We use this information to:
- improve the layout/content of the pages of our website and customise them for users
- We use Google Analytics and e-tracker statistic tools. These sources are password protected.
- We use email tracker tools provided by our host.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data:
- If we sell our business to a third party;
- To other companies within our group;
- To our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services);
- Payment service providers, staff who fulfil orders and delivery services.
- Product suppliers to resolve problems
- In any other case where we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to:
- Be informed aboout the information we hold about you.
- Request access to the information we hold about you.
- Change the information we hold about you
- Restrict processing of information we hold about you
- Data portability of the information we hold about you
- oobject or delete the personal data which we may hold or process about you.
- Please email email@example.com to exercise any of these rights.
- We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example, access to your account is controlled by password and username, which are unique to you.
- You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk. All we can do is use all our reasonable efforts to safeguard your data and ensure that we maintain a reliable and safe environment to use your data.
- It is advisable to ensure that you log out and close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
- If you wish to receive news/offers you may subscribe to our newsletter.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time. We will not send you spam email.
- You will only receive emails that are part of a newsletter.
- You must opt into this service.
- You can also unsubscribe using the ‘my account’ section of Sujet de Vert website. Select ‘newsletter’.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device.
This website uses e-tracker technology (www.etracker.de) by which anonymous data is collected and saved for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data is not personally identifiable. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and is not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time, with effect for the future.
Cookies are used on our website
We may also monitor who accesses our website, for example we nay automatically collect access information about you such as: the type of Internet browser you use; the website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. Such information enables us to assess and build a profile of our users. We also collect information about the type of content you view and how long you view content. Email interactions are also monitored. We use this information to:
- Improve the layout and /or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users
- Data retention duration
- As long as you have an account, your personal data will be retained. Order details, including your personal data, are kept on our e-commerce host site for up to 3 years for tax record purposes. For legal requirements we may retain your information in any other case where we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
- Your personal data will not be sold to a third party. Your personal data will remain private and confidential.
- Google analytic tools retain data for 365 days from the date the data was captured. After 365 days the data will start on an automatic deletion process.
- Our feedback tools, such as surveys, will retain data until they are manually removed by our administration team. These will be stored fo a maximum of two years.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Within a reasonable period of having obtained your personal data for the purpose of fulfilling an order, we may use the information to contact you about queries with regards to payments, your order or to deal with complaints. We will not send you unsolicited emails.
If you have a complaint, please contact the ICO.